Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Around the Kitchen at Lost Creek Soaps

Our apple trees are loaded with apples this year.  We have had to begin removing apples in hopes that the weight from them all won't break the branches of our trees. 

  

 So we have been enjoying apples already.  Some are a bit under ripe, but many taste really good.


Oh, Tomatoes!  I love them!  We are haling in a bunch of them right now, and I am gobbling up as many as I can.


The Surprise Lilly's are in bloom.  They smell so amazing, and they certainly are beautiful.


Finally, we got to making some cultured butter.  It is so fantastic.  Everyone should make some.  The culture makes it the best homemade butter I have ever had.  It smells so sweet, and tastes so amazing!


Here it is in the butter churn, ready to be washed and salted.  The girls made cornbread from the buttermilk today.  It is wonderful!  Can you tell I love butter, and eating?  :)


Lost Creek Soaps will soon be offering a liquid hand soap.  It has been cooked and gelled and now it must be left to sequester for a week, before being made into liquid soap.  I love the brown color of our luxury body wash, and shampoo.  I think the brown makes it look luxurious, but some wanted a more white soap.  So I made some.  This liquid hand soap will be part of our classic everyday collection.

I love the new Lemongrass Deodorant.  It smells so fresh, and the baking soda keeps me odor free.  Although, I do smell like lemongrass, and one of my friends kept telling how much she loved how I smelled.  It was my deodorant.  Lol.



























We have been hard at work on a new logo (and packaging, and labeling).  Here it is in black and white since 3 of our printers had problems this last week, and we could only get one to partially work.  It would only print in black and white, and we needed labels right away.  What do you think of black and white labels?


~Suzanne





2 comments:

  1. I love the black and white labels. It's a clean and very modern look. To me black and white goes better with the natural theme of your products. But that's just me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot. The apples that aren't quite ripe could be made into cider. It's usually best to use apples that aren't completely ripe for that.

    ReplyDelete

~Please leave us a comment. We would love to hear from you.~